
This is the beginning of the Freedom Tower. The memorial that is being built where the Twin Towers used to stand.

This is the original wall that still stands and helps keep the Hudson River from flooding this area.

A sobering experience to say the least. This walkway is very near where the Twin Towers stood. I'm sure most of you remember the horrifying images of people racing for safety down these narrow walks in the wake of the nightmare.

The area is completely fenced in while construction for the Freedom Tower remains underway.

This is a glimpse through the gate.

And I know you all remember the Firehouse that still stands directly across the street from where the Twin Towers stood - Engine Co. #10. Visiting Ground Zero was very emotional. All I could think of were the thousands of lives that perished that dreadful day. However sad it was to visit, I'm glad we did. I'll never forget it.
No comments:
Post a Comment